Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Dear diary,

Whew. Issit just me or are my toes melting into the brown slop that used to be my parquet floor?

Unbearable. Singapore's like a 24/7 sauna bath right now. Not just a normal sauna bath. It's like being in a sauna booth in the middle of the Gobi desert wrapped up in polar bear hide gulping ginger tea and playing checkers with Helios.

Ten years from now people will know Singapore as "an extinct civilisation that perished circa 2005 when an extreme heat wave drove its inhabitants insane, heralding the start of a social meltdown of genocidal proportions."

That's not stretched far from the truth either. You know the heat's getting to you when you start hurling abuse at the pillar of the bus shelter and eventually kicking it and getting your toe stubbed. That happened to me. And I only waited 15 mins.

It doesn't end there. Something's seriously off-whack when I boarded the bus and the first thing I thought of was not how pretty the lady on the 2nd seat was, but how to perform a neck-lock on the disgruntled and irksome driver.

Too damn hot to blog. Yet I'm still doing it. I love blogging too much. Or probably just because my fingers are stuck to the keyboard.

Time to log off. If my tongue can reach the mouse that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home