Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Dear diary,

Discovered Eva Cassidy today. It's hard not to fall in love with her or that voice of hers.

The voice that you can never quite categorize into a certain genre or period. A timeless voice, a voice that can be as convincing in a Joni Mitchell piece as much a Norah Jones work. I can even fathom her singing Christina Aguilera and getting away with it. She covers so many songs at such breadth that you probably could listen to her on any occasion. Jazz, 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s pop, soul, almost anything short of rock.

She died at the age of 33. An immense loss of talent.

I am her fan.


For you there'll be no crying
For you the sun will be shining
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

To you, I would give the world
To you, I'd never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before

Like never before; like never before.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home