Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Dear diary,

You know how parents always want you to "quit lazing around, go enrich yourself"? Well after 21 years of living I think I finally achieved something along that line this week, by the broadest of definition no doubt.

I read three books in a week. One being The Unbearable Lightness of Being. It was never a light read, and to tell you the truth, it made my being pretty unbearable. The other two is Man and Boy and Man and Wife, but I won't touch on them. This isn't a book review.

I did twenty push-ups(which I swore seemed more like fifty). Played basketball, for a while. Woke up way early, something ninish/tennish. Damn I feel like a superhuman.

I scrubbed. I dusted. I wiped. I dumped. I recycled. I soaped. Oh my God, when will the horror end. This by the way, is the major annual event: spring cleaning. And I used to wonder why it's called "spring" cleaning when there's hardly any spring to consider in my part of the world, and metaphorically spring represents a season of joy and renewed hopes. Then as I grow older I realise "spring" is synonymous with "jump", or rather "pounce". How devilishly clever.

So I did all the things that should enrich me somewhat. I was expecting that little "ding" sound that registers whenever you level up in a game. It never came. How can I tell if I was "enriched" or not then. Literally I didn't feel any richer, bank statement's still a joke. I didn't feel any different inside either. Wasn't any smarter than before. Nope. In fact I developed a phelgmy cough.

Where the hell are the benefits?! My sense of well-being?! I demand some proof! Sometimes you just feel so shortchanged.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home