Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dear diary,

By some dumb luck, many mistakes leading to the making of my latest batch of banana ice cream has miraculously added a twist to the finished product.

First, I ran out of milk, a realisation only after I finished mixing all the other ingredients. It was getting late and I didn't want to lose my temper over stupid ice cream, and so I conveniently replaced it with a squealing pack of sweetened soya milk, without much thought or foresight. Sorry soya, the cow udder missed its appointment.



And then someone ate my bananas. I don't know who, because if I knew I'd be someplace without an internet connection right now.

I was left with 2 deadish looking bananas that neither has smell nor taste. But as I mentioned, it was getting late and I didn't wanna lose my temper over stupid ice cream, so I used them anyway. I was supposed to puree it with lemon juice, and although I had the lemon and did the simple task of slicing it in half, I couldn't find the bloody lemon juicer. And so, being the enterprising me, I used my hand to crush the lemon to juice it, and whilst trying to remove all the freaking seeds from the banana goo, it hit me that by violently mangling the lemons I had inadvertently released the strong and bitter taste of the lemon peel into the mixture also.

Let's fast forward to the end. I placed the soya milk mixture into my ice cream machine and left it in the freezer for quicker freezing, went upstairs to finish up my articles and conveniently forgot about it. An hour later I was downstairs cursing at how stiff the ice cream had become and it was near to impossible to fold the bananarama-lemon-bitter goo into it. I had to take a spatula and try to mash it all in, quite a horrific sight to behold really.

Then I tasted the ice cream without the banana part, and it tasted fantastic. Smooth, with a soya taste, really good. Then I regretted throwing in the disgusting bananarama-lemon-bitter goo into it cause it'll probably spoil the ice cream. And it kinda did. It gave the ice cream a zesty sour taste, kinda like a lemon sorbet, altho it was hardly anywhere near that. But I don't care. I'm just gonna rename it Sour Soyanana.

Sounds cool huh.

I could probably market it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home