Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dear diary,

God. Wasted another 2 days languishing in bed. Recovered from another bout of a mysterious fever attack. Not even so sure how it happened. Doctor said it could be dengue cause it hit 40 d overnight, but I doubt it; it's 2 days and I'm feeling quite fine, save for the heady feeling you get when you lie in bed too much.

Another bad news: The team I was rooting for got booted out by a less-than-deserving. Yes I did say that I don't fancy football all that much, but it's always fun -and sometimes convenient- to just pick a team and see how it goes. How awkward would it be for me to walk into a pub one evening and have a person ask me who I was rooting for. If I replied an honest "Sorry, I don't watch soccer nor the whatever millionth World Cup.", I think I'd be sent packing in diapers and a bib to stop the nosebleed.

So if anyone asked, I support Germany and Spain. And for that matter, I am not a neo-nazi or a bull-hater or part of any group whose remotest presence would stir up a lynch-mob.

And France didn't deserve to win. Heck, they didn't even invent the french fries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home