Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dear diary,

Aching all over. My thighs feel like they will snap anytime, another signal for me to start working on my legs and endurance. Still, it was plenty of fun, and I'm sure being a superhero has always been everyone's secret wish since the first time they received that Ultraman toy for Christmas as a kid. I'm proud to say I lived out that dream -albeit for only a week- and can now die with one less regret.

I used to think the kick you receive from being a superhero is about being revered and adored, and of course invulnerability, ability to fly and pretty much be able to do anything you want. But after donning the suit and getting it going for the kids, I realised it's much simpler than that. The ability to make a child's day just by prancing around on stage, to convey to them at such a tender age that good triumphs over evil; those are simpler and much more gratifying remunerations by any standards.

I would be lying if I said the money was not important, and yet I think in the big scheme of things, money is as weightless as air and as slippery as sand in your hands; but this simple feeling, it is one to keep, and takes us one step closer to finding out what life really is about.

That's the one true superpower we all have within us.

Anyone can be a superhero.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger silver-starlight said…

    (: was just grappling with some money issues. thanks for the post. enlightened me quite a bit.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    erm tt was me

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger sq said…

    =) glad i did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home