Ramblings of a Convicted Half-wit

An online journal that (b)logs the incessant insignificants that pass through sq's gray matter every day. Pick up the pieces and make out the puzzle.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Dear diary,

I know it's a little bit late for this now but this post's on my 21st birthday. Hey, what can I say, a procrastinator's still one whether he's 21 or not. Anyway let's not digress further. Yes, my birthday. It might seem contrived and perfunctory to say this, but it really was the best birthday I ever had.

The highlight of the entire event were obviously the people involved. My family members, especially my mum, hurried the whole day to make sure the steamboat was a steaming success. Ok, that was corny. But I sincerely am appreciative of their efforts. Not to forget my cliquemates, a rowdy motley crue that actually tamed themselves for my birthday. They also provided free-labour, pilfering the much needed chairs and tables from dubious sources - a much prized act of magnanimity by people who were supposed to be guests in the first place. Then there are the 3 beloved Charlie Angels, whose presence added much eye-candy to the otherwise lacklustre dinner. Not to be missed too were my wonderful classmates with whom I shared many a good times back at school. There's also my favourite girl Vonne mei - so glad she came despite feeling out of place, and of course Tess, the best girl chummy around.

Next on the list that made the birthday perfect are the presents. Wouldn't wanna lie. Let's see what I had:

Handmade lemon cheesecake with strawberry topping, probably tops the top 10 list of greatest birthday gifts ever. Ever. And it tastes great even. I love the handmade cards too, namely from CK, Tess and San, and a mega-sized card which housed the thoughts of my cliquemates of me. Fantastic. 3 best-sellers from my classmates, excellent for those cold lonely nights, and I think my brain does need some greasing. The oh-so-expensive-why-the-heck-did-you-guys-spend-so-much-money AX clothes from the clique and a LaCoste polo from my campmates. Extravagant. And yes, I appreciate the soap and facial wash too, I get the hint. Also I dunno if they would kill me for mentioning this but they shouldn't really, cuz I liked it too, which was the Taboo game the girls gave. Hope there'll be an occasion where we could play it together. I mean, the girls don't think I'll be playing it alone do they. Oh and there's the lava lamp. Who doesn't love a good o' lava lamp? There are only 2 kinds of people in the world, people who love lava lamps and liars. Finally there's the Kinokuniya vouchers by my ever-thoughtful mei.

I'm just so thankful for all who turned up. They're the people who ever mattered to me and it's just wonderful to have them around on an important milestone in my life. This post sounds like a bloody acceptance speech I know, but it isn't. Mind me, I'm just a very happy 21 year old adult.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home